Sunday, May 30, 2010

may.

It will be June a day from now.
May is coming to an end.
This month I can't even begin to describe to you the
craziness, tiredness, laughter, hope, tears, new-beginnings and confusion.
I feel as if I might need to take a week of solitude to debrief... ponder... wonder.... gather thoughts and re-create peace, steady waves, and a full heart of grace, compassion, tenderness, hope, and love.
Sometimes I am unable to fully understand God's overflowing deep intimate love He has for me and His children.
It's humbling to know that I serve a God that never runs out of grace, favor, love and likeness...
I can't do it all. I can't compete with God. I need him.
My old youth pastor, someone I really look up to and who has greatly contributed to the person I am today, recently just wrote in his Life Journal, "To be helped is to be humbled."
I need God's help. I need humbling. Everyday.
This month, I wish I was humbled more.
I freaked out, worried too much, gave up, got off track.

What May didn't fall short of or lacked in any way was friends and family.
I have discovered friendships that I value and treasure.
I found friends in my life that I would do anything for.
My family is closer than ever... My brothers and sisters are becoming best friends.
We are learning to count on one another. I am happy. These are lifelong relationships that God chose for me. In other words. I don't just love them because I have to. I choose to. I want to.

This will be a May to remember... and turning 20 really wasn't so bad.
June is the start of something new. I have hope for June.






No comments:

Post a Comment