Wednesday, February 10, 2010

discouraged to only become encouraged

I feel like my world is crashing in
out of my control
I'm losing sight
I have been discouraged
disheartened
dispirited

I need to be picked up
brought back to life

I have put to much hope, faith, and trust in something of this world
Maybe I was naive, ignorant, or child-like
but whatever it was, it got me down

Funny thing is
I am a fighter
I always have been
Life hasn't always been easy on me
and I have had to fight some battles to become the person I am today
to become me
to accept me
to understand my trials
to learn from my mistakes
to judge myself more than others
to put myself second
to love with everything I have
to give until I have nothing left
to become unstoppable
to have a faith that is contagious
to dream the dreams of my heart
and have the courage to go after them

all of this, all of me, wouldn't be possible
without the love and faith God has in me
my strength comes from him
and him alone
because he has never given up on me
when i have given up on myself...
i live for Him
his mercy brings me to my knees

"His mercy saved me,
His mercy made me whole,
mercy found me and
He called me as his own"

again, i am just a simple girl
that loves to love
my heart is on my sleeve
and i have dreams that will change this world
not to change the world
but to just be apart of this world
making my mark on this world
hoping in this world
i am a dream believer
but most of all a dream seeker

I just want to inspire and lift up
through the actions in my life
I know I am not perfect
I am just me
and I hope you are just you
Finding the Hope to believe in my future
yours too, more importantly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment